Philippines’ bet Megan Young becomes the "most beautiful woman in the world" as she wins the Miss World 2013 title during the pageant's coronation night on September 28 (Saturday) in Bali, Indonesia.

This year’s highly controversial pageant just made history after it installed the first-ever Filipina to win the coveted blue crown—bringing virtual chills and cheers online and in the rest of the Philippines, the country that she perfectly represented in what has been dubbed as "the oldest surviving beauty pageant in the world."
Megan Young
The 23-year-old Filipino-American actress and TV host presented the aura of a  Miss World-in-the-making. Ultimately, Megan's winning answer to the question on why she should win Miss World, "Miss World for me treasures the core value of humanity and that guides her into understanding people, why they act the way that they do, how they're living their lives and I will use these core values in my understanding not only in helping others but to show other people how they can understand others, to help others so that as one, together, we shall help society," won over the answers of Miss Ghana Carranzar Naa Okailey Shooter who placed third in the competition and Miss France Marine Lorphelin who placed second.



Here's the transcript of Miss World 2013 Q&A portion :

Miss Philippines: “I treasure a core value of humanity and that guides people why they act the way they do. I will use this to show other people how they can understand each other. … as one, we can help society."

Miss Brazil: “Miss World is a reflection of the values the world should have. It does not only focus on physical beauty, but the sensitivity to help people in need… With Miss World, she’s able to help many people. If everybody does their part, we can make this a better world.

Miss Ghana: “I believe a Miss World should be someone who is a woman with substance and is compassionate.. with beauty with a purpose.. to make an impact in the lives of women and the less fortunate

Miss Spain: “I will give to those people who really need help, all my energies, all my passion, to make their lives a little bit easier and happier

Miss Gibraltar: “I believe I should be the next MW because I want to be MW for all the right reasons: I genuinely want to help people in need. I don’t want to be MW because I want to be glamorous, because those things don’t change people’s lives… I believe kindness is what changes people’s lives.


Watch Video below: 
 
Top